October 22-24, 2021
2019 YPCL Program Schedule (posted for reference, 2021 coming soon)
General Information (Packing List, Maps): Coming Soon
Location: Turning Rivers, N885 Youth Camp Rd, Campbellsport, WI 53010
The mission of the Youth as Partners in Civic Leadership Conference (YPCL) is to advance youth voice in Wisconsin by increasing the capacity for youth and adults to share civic leadership in local communities, schools and organizations. We advocate for a youth voice and build mentoring, networking and learning opportunities.
Who should attend?
Teams of high-school-age youth (ages 14-18) and adults (21 or older) sharing decision-making roles in communities, schools and organizations (19 to 20 year olds are also welcome but should register as adults.) Groups are limited to 8 people with the preferred ratio of 4 youth to one adult.
Can I lead a workshop?
Participating teams are encouraged to lead workshops and roundtables. This year’s workshops align with our theme ‘Remaining Rooted In Your Resistance’. Workshops can range in topic areas, but should incorporate the themes of policy, systems, and environment. To sign up to lead a presentation, please click this link.
We held a web orientation, especially intended for new team leaders. Orientation Archive
How do I register?
Identify a team of youth and adults who intend to work together after the conference. Registration cost is $120/person, which includes meals and lodging. Use the team registration form to request scholarship support if needed.
Three steps to register for the 2021 YPCL Conference
1. Complete the 2021 YPCL Team form – Deadline: September 24, 2021
Team Leaders should return the form ASAP since space is limited. Please email to email@example.com. We will confirm scholarship availability by October 1, 2021 so you know how much to pay.
2. Team Member Registration Form – register through 4HOnline – Deadline: October 13, 2021
Each team member (both youth and adult) listed on the Team Registration Form completes individual online registration at 4HOnline. Participants will need to create an account (you do not have to enroll in 4-H) and then register for the event from your profile under the events tab on the left hand side.
If you need help registering in 4HOnline or creating an account, check out the information page here.
3. Submit health forms
- A. Youth Health Forms Also available in Spanish
- B. Adults register in 4-H Online , which includes a background check to ensure a safe environment (Instructions, Assumption of Risk, Photo Release and Expectation Forms). Adults who complete the process and are at least 21 are eligible to serve as cabin chaperons. For new registrants, the timeline is tight, so potential cabin chaperons should register in 4-H Online. Adults may participate in group activities at YPCL if background checks are not complete.
- NOTE: Staff members do not need register in 4-H Online but still need to complete (Instructions, Assumption of Risk, Photo Release and Expectation Forms) as well as a paper health form (says Youth but has been marked as “AA” in age section.)
- Return completed and signed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org. fax to 608-265-6407; or mail to YPCL, 130 Pyle Center, 702 Langdon St, Madison, WI 53706
- If any participant will be under age 14 before the beginning of the conference on October 22, 2021, contact Joe Maldonado (414-339-4574 or email@example.com) for alternative registration procedures.
- High school students should register as youth participants even if they are already 18.
- Anyone out of high school and 18 or older should register as an adult.
- If you are having trouble filling in the forms on your mobile device, you may: a) choose to try on a desktop or laptop device; 2) print out the forms, complete the paper copy, and mail it in; or 3) try using an application that applies to your device. One suggested application can be found at fillable forms. It can be used on both Android and Apple devices. (This is only one of several that you may choose from, not an official endorsement!)
- There will be a Youth Advocates for Community Health (YACH) training as part of the YPCL conference.
Need ideas to pay for team registration? We put together some Fundraising Ideas for YPCL Teams.
Questions? Email Joe Maldonado or call at 414-339-4574
Like us on Facebook at YPCL Wisconsin and we’ll keep you updated.
Issue and Tactics Sessions led by Youth Groups Working in These Areas
- Healthy Lifestyles – healthy eating, going green, alcohol and other drug abuse prevention
- Interpersonal Relationships – social media/cyber issues, teen pregnancy, healthy dating relationships
- Diversity/Multicultural Engagement – issues related to race, sexual orientation, gender, immigration status
- Ending Bullying and Youth Violence – gang violence, school to prison pipeline, working for better juvenile justice
- Youth and Adult Power – working together on issues in education and politics
Most of our workshops were led by teams participating in the conference and we are looking for more for 2021. Do you have a workshop to share?
This year’s workshops align with our theme ‘Remaining Rooted In Your Resistance’. Workshops can range in topic areas, but should incorporate the themes of policy, systems, and environment. To sign up to lead a presentation, please click this link.
Outcomes of recent YPCL Conferences